Tuesday 27 September 2011

Tips when wearing Invisalign

I will add to this as the weeks go by...

1) One thing that I noticed when browsing other blogs people weren't keeping them in for the full 22 hours, some even slipped by taking them out for more 4 hours. Why spend all that money if you aren't going to keep to it guys? Tip: Take your aligners out when you are about to eat, not when you are making that sandwich, I mean the sandwich is infront of you, then take them out. If you are dining out, go to the toilet to take them out when your food is coming to the table, you could be saving yourself up to 30 minutes a day! As well as taking them out at the right time, but them in at the right time. Yes, I know it feel heavenly when you take them off, but think of the money and your end result! Don't sit and watch the end of your programme or sit there talking to someone when your not eating (If your not eating, they should be in your mouth!!), have the will power to get up, brush your teeth and stick them back in. Then you are free to do what you want!

2) Buy a stop clock (Yes I know it sounds nerdy)... but it helps loads, most phones have them built in anyway, but record how long you are taking them out for the entire day. It might be massive wake up call that you are keeping them out of your mouth for too long.

3) Try not to snack as much, it will cause a lot of inconvenience. Plan on what you want to consume and cram it all into your 3 meals. You never know invisalign may even improve your diet!

4) Most people own a camera, whether it be a digital one or simply on their phone, take a picture of your teeth every time you change your aligners, then when you get to the stages aligners 10, 15, 20, etc start going through your picture preferably back to back so you can see the difference. This will give you faith and make you feel so much better when you can see it working.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing these wonderful tips of your's..its been a big help to all of us..glad that i saw your blog online

    invisalign wexford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to be strong and let go of snacking! I really want my teeth to shine when I use invisilign. I guess I'm willing to sacrifice! These were such phenomenal ideas by the way to use invisilign properly.
    Celine | http://www.aloufaesthetics.com/ss13/invisalign.php

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are phenomenal ideas to properly wear invisilign! I'm glad I came here before I got them. I can't wait to have a brighter smile that will attract all the cute guys!
    http://www.northhunterdondentalassociates.com/01Services/Dental_Services/Invisalign.asp

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dentist in Chandler did a good job in giving me instructions on how to care of my teeth while wearing invisaligns. I heard that wearing them for 22 hours is really not compulsory, but it can help hasten the straightening process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete