Tuesday 27 September 2011

My Teeth (Pictures)

Many people cannot understand why I am getting Invisalign, and I cannot understand why they think that personally. My canines are foul especially one of them sticking right out and the point on it would put a vampires to shame.  They have always bothered me, but vanity as a kid I refused to get braces I would have had to pay from the off as It would of only been cosmetic. My parents would of happily of paid for them but again I refused. A thing about my parents I got the raw end of the deal, my mother has movie star teeth, straight and white, many people asking if she veneers or has ever had braces and my brother inherited her teeth. As my father’s teeth are the same as mine, literally and I know, he has exactly the same insecurities as I do. When we both smile, we keep our lips tight together and will rarely smile in photos.  Although at my father’s wedding the photographer seemed to have quite fascination of taking photos of me as when the photos came through there was a couple of my brother and so many photos of me, it was ridiculous! Even though most of them were ok, the evil photographer had caught me off guard with one photo. My mouth open and I was smiling, revealing all of my teeth and he had captured the side that revealed ‘my fang’. I was mortified, even more so when my mother actually brought the photo and framed it, celebrating I was smiling with mouth open.
From that point, I was on mission to change my teeth, I knew they looked bad, but seriously that bad? At this point, I had not even heard of invisalign, I was just considering getting clear braces (the ceramic ones). I have taken some pictures of my teeth, by the way the medieval device I have used to keep my mouth open I have got because months ago I got my teeth whitened and that is what she used  to keep my mouth open and she said I could have it as I brought the home kit as well. Just felt I had to explain that, I am not some weirdo with a teeth fetish!

Note to self: When I get hold of the photo that made me get braces/Invisalign (which I have stored in a place that no one can see it), I will scan it and show you the picture and my fellow insecure people will feel my pain.



No comments:

Post a Comment