Tuesday 27 September 2011

Slobbering/ Annoying my boyfriend

Ok, I remember my dentist saying some people have noticed they have gathered a lot of saliva in their mouth when wearing the aligners, well yes I did it wasn’t a problem at all but I didn’t really know how much I was until I took those picture of my teeth and you can see the slobber running down my mouth there was that much storing itself in my mouth!  It is not a problem though day to day, I do not walk around drooling all day, honest.

Another thing I thought of, you know when you chew chewing gum when you have not had anything to eat. You get severe bellyache because more saliva is being produced and it is sending the message to your stomach your about to eat so its start boiling up the acid giving you belly ache? Well that’s something I get, not sure if everyone else has ever suffered from it but I experienced exactly the same thing this morning, severe belly ache it may be coincidence and I may have stomach ulcer and not know about it but just thought I’d mention it as I was fine as soon as I had eaten something.

A habit I have developed in the past couple of days is sucking my aligners much to my boyfriend’s disgust. We were lying in bed in silence trying to get to sleep and he turned over and said, “All I can hear is you sucking your aligners and swallowing!” I simply said, “I can’t help it sorry!” I believe the sucking and swallowing has replaced something much worse. Normally my boyfriend will wake me up in the middle of the night with a gentle shove following by “Shona, stop grinding your teeth”, I seem to do this quite viciously as my whole jaw will ache in the morning, now with the aligners in its quite hard to get my teeth together, so I’ll take slobbing and sucking over grinding teeth anyway, they can have break for the next year and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment