Tuesday 27 September 2011

Meal time / Snacking

One thing I have noticed is that I have never looked forward to meal times, now I can’t wait! I find myself planning what I am going to eat. I think its psychological because I normally don’t have set meal times, I just help myself when I am hungry. Now hours before I find myself planning what I want to eat, cramming all my snacks in that I want to consume throughout the day. When I went to the dentist to get my first invisalign tray, I seen what I believe is the hygienist. When she went over invisalign, again she said about snacking that she does recommend fruits instead of crisps etc as it makes a hard job of cleaning your teeth and just causes major inconvenience especially if you are out and about.

Tip: Wanting to snack, try soft fruits such as grapes and bananas (I’m saying these fruits as I’ve heard, it may be a myth who knows! That you aren’t actually meant to brush your teeth for something like 30 minutes after you eat and apple or orange because of the acid levels? So I’m just going to find out more information because I don’t want my pre-straight whites corroding before I’ve even got them straight)

When I was reading blogs before I got my invisalign alot of people stated “It was the best diet I have tried”, and I can see why your snacking habits will drop drastically because after a couple of days (for me 8 hours), it got incredibly boring flossing, brushing, mouth washing after single biscuit or crisp I took a nibble on! Now I have my 3 set meals a day, and in-between I’m fantasying what I’m going to eat and snack on when I take my trays out, this may wear off as I’ve only had them in for a few days, who knows. I discussed this with the hygienist when I got the trays that loads of people on the internet said they lost weight because it cut out snacking, she said yes, this is very true, and then looked at me very firmly like a concerned mother and said, “But you don’t need to lose weight!”

So soon the media will be advertising Invisalign as a new diet, so watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment