Tuesday 27 September 2011

Moan, moan and moan a little bit more...

As I have had my Invisalign in for a couple of days now I feel that I have exceeded the average woman's moaning capabilities. I have infact talked so much about them and moaned about them to my boyfriend I think he's unsure if its me or him that's wearing them now.

Alls I seem to do all day is suck my aligners and I'm afraid I'm going to either break them or loosen them (if that's possible). Sometimes I try and bite them as if I'm trying to get some relief, but obviously my teeth can not touch as there is two sheets of plastic blocking them from doing so, even more frustrating.

One plus side, my fingers slowly crept to my mouth and I went to begin the disgusting the habit of biting my nails... wait a minute... I can't get a firm grip? What's going on? I can't bite them? Why is this? What's going on... Ow, I see, you again. Stopping me doing what I want. Invisalign.

Well don't get me wrong it's a good thing that I don't bite my nails because its just a foul habit and now I have no choice but to stop. My dentist is extremely against this anyway, as he says to me with a stern look in his eye "Shona your teeth are not tools". He first said this to me when he noticed the chip in my front tooth, asked me how I had got it and I simply replied, not sure it just appeared one day. He said, Do you put hair grips in your mouth? Do bite pens? Do you open bottles with you mouth? The answer was yes to them all, I'm doing my hair I place a hair grip in my mouth why I fondle bits in to place. If I'm nervous at university or trying to figure something out I put the top of my pen in my mouth. I often had to replace my pens not because they had ran out but because i'd virtually nearly eaten all of the pen (not literally eaten it but chewed it till it wasn't usable). When he said open bottles with your teeth, i'm not sure if he meant like a plastic bottle of coke because I constantly use my teeth as I never seem to have enough grip to open them or whether he meant glass bottles like beer, if he meant the second one certainly not, think i'd have more than one chipped tooth with that!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your links with Shortest and earn dollars for every visitor to your short urls.

    ReplyDelete