Tuesday 27 September 2011

ClinCheck Appointment

This was the big one, the decider! I walked into my dentist beaming; I had been waiting for this appointment for weeks! I checked in and waiting for my dentist, although Mr Smith did not greet me, Sandra did, we went into a room I had not been in before a room with chairs and a computer with a rather large screen. She then loaded the computer up and uploaded my file. She then played back my ClinCheck. It was amazing, watching how my teeth were going to move over the period I had my Invisalign in. The computer told me I would only need 25 trays.
You keep each tray in for two weeks

You keep each tray in your mouth for 22 hours a day

You can only drink water, anything other food or drink, take your aligners out then brush your teeth, floss, and mouthwash before you put them back in

My dentist then appeared in the room greeting me; he said, “You look very pleased! I said, “Yes I am, do you think they will really be the end results. He then replied, “I think they will be results up to aligner 20, I then believe your canine that is causing you these problems will then refuse to move any further, we will then go into case refinement were for 6 months or so I will tackle that single tooth on its own after that I will shape your teeth which I feel will make the biggest difference”  

I was still very happy with what could be the possible end results, all my teeth were moving, even the ones I did not have a problem with. On the Clincheck there were tiny numbers on the back teeth four 0.5s, this meant I had to have slandering done; this is taking 0.5mm off each of the back teeth giving all of my teeth room to move around. I have not had it done yet but my dentist assures me that it does not hurt. Therefore, we will have to wait and see.

At the end of the consultation I had to sign an Invisalign contract, all of the negatives that came with Invisalign came with all kinds of teeth movement such as braces, traditional, ceramic, lingual, etc apart from one.

If you do not wear the aligners, it will not work. Simple. You lose some aligners -£100 per tray

You leave them out for a couple of days and your aligners no longer fit -£500 to start again (Maybe even be more charges)

Others dentist may charge different prices, but they will all be around the same. Moreover, when I say other negatives that all teeth movement methods have is like loss of teeth, jaw surgery etc. It is very rare it can happen, but they have to make aware of the risks.

Either way, I was very happy with what I had seen, I just wanted to get started! He said that it would take 3 weeks to get the aligners delivered and I just need to make another appointment, pay my deposit and I can set up a payment plan (Interest free over 15 months). Again, the payment plan it’s all up to your dentist and what they offer.
I haven't got my clincheck video but next time I am at the dentist I will try and get it so I can link it to youtube! Here are some ClinCheck examples.
 THESE ARE NOT MY TEETH!

Next blog post, getting my trays!

No comments:

Post a Comment