Tuesday 27 September 2011

Consultation

I arrived at the dentist, which I was so excited about; I was taken to the x-ray room for a quick x-ray (no pain or anything). My teeth were then examined a lot of dentist talk was going on numbers and the alphabet being thrown around. He then took two impressions of my top and then two impressions of my bottom, was very watery gel that he pressed firmly and it was over in seconds. The second lot of impression weren’t as pleasant, he had to hold them firmly in my mouth for a number of minutes, I need to swallow a lot I was able to as he was firmly pressing down on them so they didn’t move, although near the end when he took them out it did make me gag. No pain or anything just uncomfortable and unpleasant.

Afterwards my  x-ray was put on the screen, and all of the dentist gasped in the room and starting discussing how large my teeth were (I think they were referring to my roots) another dentist added they hadn’t seen teeth that big. Not sure if this is or good bad, but I have found out I have big roots, I also seen my wisdom teeth that haven’t come through was very strange seeing them hidden at the top!

This video demonstrates how the impressions are taken!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUIcoKgReE&feature=player_embedded
Next appointment is the clincheck appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment