Wednesday 5 October 2011

Update: Tray 1

I am nearly at the end of Tray 1! Already I have had some IPR and my attachments fitted (See previous blog posts). Everything is going ok, there was a bit of pain for a few days when I first put my Trays in. When I got my attachments fitted I was scared that I was never going to eat again. I had brought a selection of food to eat as I know look forward to meal times and I tried to get my Invisalign off and I couldn't. I sat clawing at my mouth looking in a small mirror for nearly an hour. I was in a lot of pain irritating the gums that were now exposed as that morning I'd had IPR done.

I was contemplating on ringing the dentist but I felt a bit stupid as a couple of hours ago he'd asked me to take them out and with it taking alot of effort I still got them out. After getting quite upset and then I finally accepted that I wasn't going to be able to eat that day as I couldn't go through the pain of getting them off.

Later on I was sitting in my car looking in the mirror trying to get them off again, I started from the back and got my nail under one of the aligners and gave it a tug, one side had come off! One side!!!! I then tugged the rest of it working my way round, I had got the bottom tray off! I carried on the same with the top, I had managed to get them off! It wasn't painless but I'd got them off!
I went to the nearest shop, brought loads of food and ate it all (Abit dramatic I know but I was unsure if I was every going to be able to eat again).
Ok, since then it hasn't been so bad, I seem to have developed a technique which doesn't hurt as much. I think its just practice, I know I will be fine a few weeks, I hope! Also it still hurts quite a bit to eat hard food, I think its because my teeth haven't had a rest, I got my aligners, then attachments and then in a few days i'll be switching to tray 2 so hopefully mid way through tray 2 all will  be good again.

Is invisalign invisible? Yes it is, no one has noticed and to be honest I think I prefer them with my teeth in them now! :)

4 comments:

  1. to achieve a beautiful smile we should see an orthodontic, they can help us solve our problem in dealing with our teeth problem

    invisalign wexford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am up to tray 2. Nice to hear your story

    Invisalign NYC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog outlining your Invisalign experience. It will help a lot of people. Thanks for sharing.

    http://www.longmontdentalhealth.com/htm_invisalign.htm

    ReplyDelete