Wednesday 5 October 2011

Cleaning your Invisalign

A lot of people said that Invisalign gave them bad breath. I think this because they are not cleaning their aligners properly. When I first got my aligners I simply cleaned them with a normal soft toothbrush and toothpaste, but I noticed they started to smell of well, saliva. Even after cleaning they didn't smell great. So I went off into boots and I purchased;

1) Denture toothbrush
2) Denture bath
3) Denture cleaning tablets (3 minute pro)

I have added a picture to the right, I don't know why its rotated but it has, hopefully you can still see it! I had brought the 3 minute pro tablets, make sure you check how long it takes to clean your aligners. The instructions tell you to use 50 degree water from a kettle, I just used normal cold water out of the tap because I was scared I would warp my aligners.

I properly clean my aligners at least twice a day, once in the morning and then at night, if I am at home when I am eating my lunch meal I will also clean them with the denture bath then also.

All of this cost me around £9, the denture bath will hopefully last me till the end of my treatment, I will replace the brush every 6 months and the tablets only last me around 10 days to about 14 days. I know it may feel like another expense but its definitely worth it. I would pick the denture brush over a normal soft toothbrush any day as it clean all of the aligners very well.

I mean I used to chew alot of chewing gum but now I have my aligners I can't now. The only reason I chewed gum was so my breath was fresh and now I don't need to as its fresh all day :) Also a quick tip, if you feel that you need a minty boost, swill your mouth out with mouthwash!


1 comment:

  1. i haven't tried using it, many told me that its really okay and it can help the teeth aligns..

    invisalign pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete